Welcome to the website of Hunter's Gate Dental.
On behalf of the entire team, we would like to extend a warm welcome to our practice website. Everyone at our office is committed to providing you with the very best in dental healthcare. Our staff each bring a level of commitment and years of experience to the practice and have all attained high standards of professional qualification. Our primary goal is to provide excellence in all facets of dentistry and to carry it out in a gentle and caring way using the latest techniques.
COVID-19 UPDATE - June 23, 2020To our dental family and friends,
First, and most importantly, we hope you and your family are in good health, and staying optimistic. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming a “new” normal.
Our college has now allowed dental offices to start resuming services, and we have worked very hard to ensure we have everything necessary to reopen safely. Please feel free to give us a call if there was an appointment that we needed to cancel, and you are ready to reschedule. We will be working extra hours and extra days to contact those of you we had to cancel, and get everyone caught up as safely as possible.
We also want to keep you up-to-date, and answer any questions that you might have about our re-opening. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and these processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s as safe as possible - for you as well as us. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations as best as possible. We want to let you know how the infection control procedures we follow, will look a little bit different during this pandemic, until the disease is eradicated, or a vaccine is made.
Here are a few of the changes that we have made, in light of the current situation:
- Before we book a new appointment, we will consider the risks and benefits together, and will ensure it is the safest time for you to come in. If you have an appointment booked for a future date, you will still have that time set aside for you, and we will call to either confirm, cancel, or adjust the time slightly to allow for better physical distancing.
- We will NOT be able to welcome walk-in appointments. You will need to call us first, so we can be prepared to welcome you safely.
- When we confirm your appointment a couple of days ahead, we will ask you some screening questions to ensure it is safe for you to come in. You’ll be asked those same questions again, when you arrive.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5-10 min prior to your appointment.
- Please come alone to your appointment. If you are the parent of a child who has an appointment, we ask that you wait in your car, if possible, after the initial medical history, consent and temperature is taken in the hall. We will call your cell phone when your child is finished their treatment. If that is not possible, you may wait in the treatment room with your child, wearing your mask at all times. The same would be true if you are elderly, and need assistance getting into the office.
- It is a requirement that you wear a facemask, or fabric face covering to your appointment. Please keep it on until your treatment begins, and replace it as soon as your treatment is complete. We also ask that you do your very best to ensure a minimum of 2 metres between anyone you might see at the office, unless required for the provision of care.
- The waiting room will be closed, with the exception of a few chairs for those disabled, or elderly. Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books and children’s toys, as those items are difficult to disinfect. You will be asked to wait along the wall in the hallway, at a safe distance from one another, until we come out to bring you in – there is no need to “check-in” with us when you arrive.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter and leave the office. Please do not wear disposable gloves, as we cannot ensure these are clean when you arrive. Please avoid touching your phone or personal belongings after you have sanitized your hands. If you could fax or email us a list of your updated medications before your appointment (rather than looking through your belongings), it would also be much appreciated.
- Your temperature will be taken before you enter the office. If your temperature is 38C, or higher, you will be asked to rebook your appointment. Please also remember that being out on a very warm summer day for hours could bring your temperature past 38C - you unfortunately will still need to be rescheduled. Please call us before your appointment if you feel you may be experiencing ANY flu-like symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, recent loss of taste or smell. You will not be charged any missed appointment fees for cancelling your appointment due to illness.
- Appointments will be booked to allow for physically distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, or that the days or times might be different from what you’re used to.
- We will do our best to complete most hygiene appointments without the use of electric water machines, or the polisher to avoid creating an “aerosol”. This is out of an abundance of caution, and we will likely be able to use these tools at your next scheduled appointment.
- All of the staff in the office are also screened twice daily, and we are following appropriate physical distancing rules at work, as well as at home. Of course, we already follow strict guidelines with respect to infection control, however, we have enhanced our cleaning protocols of commonly touched surfaces, and are trying to reduce the number of touchable surfaces as much as possible.
We want to do everything we can to ensure the safety of our patients, and ourselves, as there are still many unanswered questions regarding this virus. We look forward to seeing you again, and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you as safe as possible. Thank you for your patience and support during this unprecedented time in our lives. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back – our patients, friends, and neighbours.
Dr. Kim Mason, Dr. Sean Weber, and the entire team at Hunter’s Gate Dental